Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or a picnic in the park, outdoor games enliven any gathering of family and friends. Keep everyone entertained by trying out some of the best outdoor sports games with groups:
1. Kubb: A combination of bowling and horseshoes, Kubb is best played in a large group. Players take turns throwing pins at blocks—it all comes down to skill and aim. Since the rules are pretty loose, groups of all ages enjoy taking part in this game.
Kubb Premium Set Yard Game Set for Adults, Families – Fun, Interactive Outdoor Games – Durable Wood Blocks with Travel…
EXTRA FUN, EXTRA LAUGHS: If you are looking for a unique, entertaining game that is both interactive and challenging, the Rally and Roar Kubb Toss game is sure to be a hit.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED: This complete game package includes: 10 Kubb blocks, 1 King Kubb, 6 Kubb tossing dowels, 4 corner stakes, and 1 storage tote bag - everything comes pre-assembled so the only thing you need to worry about is having fun.
2. Mölkky: The object of this game is to knock down pins to earn points. It’s more complex than it seems, though, because the placement of the pins depends on the previous player’s throw. Since everyone will be aiming for the pins with the highest point value, things get competitive fast.
Molkky – Wooden Pin & Skittles Game – Outdoor Fun – For Beach – Park – Picnic – Playground – Classic Family Garden Game…
Pin & skittle game with a difference… Plan your throw on every go!
Outdoor family fun: take aim & throw the pin; reach 50 points to win! Every skittle scores a little.
3. Crossnet: This game is similar to traditional volleyball, except you play it in four teams, which means it’s a great option for groups. You’ll compete in a four-way battle to eliminate teams when the ball lands in an opponent’s square.
MUSHBALL Spike Battle Ball Game Set – Volleyball Game Kit – Includes 3 Balls, Drawstring Bag, and Rule Book – Gift for…
MUSHBALL - The best outdoor yard game for kids and adults. Includes the Mushball target, 1 mini volleyball ball, 2 competition size balls, game rules and travel carrying case
HOW TO PLAY - Mushball is a fun, active, and addictive 2 on 2 volleyball style outdoor indoor game; Every team has 3 hits to spike the ball on the net. Played on college campuses, tailgates, the lawn, yard, backyard, beach or gym
4. Yardzee: Familiar with the game of Yahtzee? Yardzee takes it to a new level—you’ll throw large dice at the ground to get the highest score. Make sure you have a scorecard on hand to keep track of points if you’re playing with a large group.
GETMOVIN SPORTS Stained Yardzee and Yard Farkle Dice Set (All Weather) Roll Bucket and Scorecard – Includes 6 Dice, Dry…
🎲LAMINATED SCORE SHEET, DRY ERASE MARKER, AND STORAGE BUCKET INCLUDED - Don’t get stuck realizing you’re missing something, this set includes everything you need.
✅PLAY YARDZE, YARDKLE, OR MORE - The laminated score sheets give you the options of playing multiple great backyard games, like YardZE or Yardkle
5. Croquet: If you’ve ever played croquet in teams, you know that things can get pretty competitive. While you’re trying to get your ball through the wickets in the right order, you’ll have to contend with your opponents trying to knock you out of the way at every turn.
6. Badminton: This classic game is best played with large groups of people—just be sure you always have plenty of open space around you to swing your racquet and hit the birdie.
From small groups to the whole backyard BBQ, these are some of the best outdoor sports games with groups in mind. Everyone has a chance to participate, from the youngest cousin to the oldest grandparent. Just don’t get too competitive—remember, most of them are cooperative games!