While it’s always nice to relax and soak up the sun at the beach, sometimes it’s fun to get active and play exciting games. There are some games that are best when played with sandy ground beneath your feet. On your next day out to the sun and surf, give some of best outdoor games for the beach a try:
1. Volleyball: Volleyball is the perfect game to play at the beach. Beach volleyball is a bit different than indoor volleyball since you only need four people to play, but the rules are the same—the first team to hit15 points wins.
Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
ADJUSTABLE NET - Portable mesh netting measures 20 feet x 2 feet, works for outdoor use, and comes in 3 adjustable heights: 5 ft. 1 in. for badminton games, and 6 or 7 feet for volleyball play
SPORTS EQUIPMENT INCLUDED - Complete classic system includes net, poles and setup accessories, 2 shuttlecocks, 4 racquets, 1 volleyball and 1 air pump inside easy carry bag
2. Ultimate frisbee: All it takes is a frisbee, some cones and a group to play ultimate frisbee. There’s a lot to know when it comes to this game, including plenty of rules and strategies to follow. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll see why this is one of the best games to play in the sand.
3. Tug-of-war: The basic premise of any tug-of-war match is to defeat your opponents with your strength. This game is especially fun in the sand, because it’s harder for you to dig your feet into the ground to get better leverage. Prepare for lots of slipping, sliding and pure fun!
Zip ball is a fast-paced outdoor game for two players
Play a reverse game of tug-of-war; the wider you stretch the grips, The farther you push the ball in the direction of your opponent
4. Bocce ball: This game of skill is played one-on-one or in teams, and the object is to throw your ball as close as possible to the target, or jack. Playing in the sand provides a fun challenge, since balls will pretty much stick where you throw them, instead of rolling as they would on regular turf.
HOURS OF FRIENDLY COMPETITION: The game of Bocce ball has been a classic favorite among sports enthusiasts for years. This complete bocce kit with 8 balls, a pallino, a measuring tape, and carrying case is all you need to get the good times rolling.
TAKE IT ANYWHERE: With a durable, water-resistant storage bag, this compact, lightweight set can be in tow for any get-together. Whether going to a bbq, festival, beach, park, frat party, or birthday party, our travel bocce game is the perfect accessory.
5. Spikeball: You can think of Spikeball as a smaller version of volleyball. Gather your teams around the small trampoline net and volley the ball back and forth, making sure you’re never holding or carrying the ball. Get ready to burn some energy, because in this game you’re constantly on the move.
What do the best outdoor games for the beach have in common? Sand makes all of them better! Get ready for a tug-of-war challenge or a diving save in Spikeball, made all the more fun by the sand under your feet.